The Jarrettsville Volunteer Fire Company and surrounding mutual aid was alerted for a reported dwelling fire in the 2100 block of Cox Road. Crews arrived on scene and reported light smoke showing from around the eves and confirmed a working chimney fire with extension into the dwelling. Crews went to work to extinguish the fire and assisted one occupant from the dwelling. Firefighters were able to contain the fire to an area around the chimney. Units remained on scene for an extended time before returning to service.
The Jarrettsville VFC reminds everyone that it is important to have working smoke alarms in your house and to test them monthly.